środa, 20 lutego 2008

Arnolfini paternoster project p.1

My first project on this blog is going to be a "Anrolfini paternoster project".

The patrenoster on the van Eyck's painting:
I'm going to use 13 mm venice glass tansparent white beads. Or maybe I should choose some honey-coloured or lihgt pink ones? I think crystal would be more expensive in 15th c., and glass is a good alternative material.
I already have green silk thread (by Gutterman, the only I could find here in Poland and be sure they're from natural silk), and silk floss for the tassels (from Italy).
Maybe it's not a big challenge, but I was planning to make a paternoster for 3 or 4 years, and it never happened. So now it is time!
And I'm currently working on a commission - a woolen frame purse lined with silk.

Chcę zrobić paternoster z obrazu van Eycka. Myślę, że powinien byc ze szkła (kryształ byłby za drogi w XV w.). Mam już zielone jedwabne nici (od Guttermana, nie znalazłam w Polsce innych, co do których byłabym pewna, że są z naturalnego jedwabiu) i mulinę na frędzle(włoską).
Od dawna chciałam zrobić paternoster, ale jakoś nigdy nie wyszło. Więc najwyzszy czas.
Obecnie pracuję też nad zamówieniem - wełnianą torebką na ramce podszytą jedwabiem.

Brak komentarzy: